The Notepad++ team come with one new version named : Je suis Charlie.
The main reason : The Notepad++ official site was hacked on 12th January 2015, due to its controversial new version 6.7.4 “Je suis Charlie” edition, released on 10th January 2015. The site was restored on the same day.
This great editor can be test it now with this edition.
Some new features and bug fixes:
- Add ghost typing feature: launch Notepad++ with the auto-typing text from command line (via command line with argument -qn, -qt or -qf).
- Fix auto-insert bad behaviour : under some condition typing ” or ‘ makes erase the further ” or ‘.
- Fix the crash issue while user Ctrl + double click on an empty document.
- Fix crash bug on loading dropbox settings.
- Show progress window instead of a static window during FindInFiles and ReplaceInFiles.
- Filename rendered incorrectly on tab bar while it contains ‘&’ character.
- Make highlighting (if enabled) follow typing for Incremental search, and add several Incremental search enhancements.
- Add the followings notifications for plugins : NPPN_BEFORESHUTDOWN NPPN_CANCELSHUTDOWN NPPN_FILEBEFORERENAME NPPN_FILERENAMECANCEL NPPN_FILERENAMED NPPN_FILEBEFOREDELETE NPPN_FILEDELETEFAILED NPPN_FILEDELETED
- Make keystroke ENTER trigger the shortcut editor dialog in Shortcut Mapper.
- Allow drop files onto doc switcher and other side panels.
- Installer remembers user’s choices of last installation.
- Fix Auto-indent in new code block not respecting current EOL bug.
- Restore focus to editor when a panel is closed.
Freedom of expression is like the air we breathe, we don’t feel it, until people take it away from us.
For this reason, Je suis Charlie, not because I endorse everything they published, but because I cherish the right to speak out freely without risk even when it offends others.
And no, you cannot just take someone’s life for whatever he/she expressed.
Hence this “Je suis Charlie” edition.
You can download this from