A proxy server acts as a gateway between you and the internet. It’s an intermediary server separating end users from the websites they browse. Proxy servers provide varying levels of functionality, security, and privacy depending on your use case, needs, or company policy.
For example, you can access restricted areas of the Internet through proxy access.
Another HTTP proxies such as Burp Suite or OWASP ZAP are able to show us TLS encrypted HTTP protocol level data.
How to disable automatic selection of proxy on Chrome:
- go to Settings ( right area click on tree points next on the icon of your account);
- on the bottom select Advanced;
- select System then Open proxy settings;
- select LAN Settings and uncheck Automatically detect settings;
- press Ok button to save settings and close the windows;