The Google launched Android Studio 3.0, the latest version of its integrated development environment (IDE) with a size of 681 Mb and many features.
The full released note can be found here, see:
- Support for Android 8.0.
- Support for building separate APKs based on language resources.
- Support for Java 8 libraries and Java 8 language features (without the Jack compiler).
- Support for Android Test Support Library 1.0 (Android Test Utility and Android Test Orchestrator).
- Improved ndk-build and cmake build speeds.
- Improved Gradle sync speed.
- AAPT2 is now enabled by default.
- Using ndkCompile is now more restricted. You should instead migrate to using either CMake or ndk-build to compile native code that you want to package into your APK. To learn more, read Migrate from ndkcompile.