A few hours ago a new version of the go programming language was released.
The latest version of Go, version 1.11 comes with the changes and deployment for the tool, runtime, and libraries version.
- Go 1.11 adds an experimental port to WebAssembly (js/wasm).
- Go 1.11 adds preliminary support for a new concept called modules like an alternative to GOPATH with integrated support for versioning and package distribution.
- The new package golang.org/x/tools/go/packages provides a simple API for locating and loading packages of Go source code.
- The assembler for amd64 now accepts AVX512 instructions.
- The compiler now produces significantly more accurate debug information
- The go vet command now reports a fatal error when the package under analysis does not type check.
- Go 1.11 will be the last release to support godoc’s command-line interface.
… and many features.
More details at the golang website.