DB Browser for SQLite is a high quality, visual, open source tool to create, design, and edit database files compatible with SQLite.
It is for users and developers wanting to create databases, search, and edit data. It uses a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, and you don’t need to learn complicated SQL commands.
You can read more about this on the official website.
You can use this application with Windows, MacOS X / macOS , Linux (Arch Linux, Fedora, Debian) or portable.
Is not a visual shell for the sqlite command line tool.
The interface is simple to use:
- use New Database button to create your database;
- use Create Table to create a table into your database;
- you can check table name and fields property for not null: NOT, primary key: PK, autoincrement :AI, unique: U etc with Edit table definition dialog form;
- if you see another table named sqlite_sequence then this is default table of SQLite;
About sqlite_sequence they tell us: SQLite keeps track of the largest ROWID using an internal table named “sqlite_sequence”. The sqlite_sequence table is created and initialized automatically whenever a normal table that contains an AUTOINCREMENT column is created. The content of the sqlite_sequence table can be modified using ordinary UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE statements. But making modifications to this table will likely perturb the AUTOINCREMENT key generation algorithm. Make sure you know what you are doing before you undertake such changes. The sqlite_sequence table does not track ROWID changes associated with UPDATE statement, only INSERT statements.
You can use controls and wizards are available for users to:
- Create and compact database files
- Create, define, modify and delete tables
- Create, define and delete indexes
- Browse, edit, add and delete records
- Search records
- Import and export records as text
- Import and export tables from/to CSV files
- Import and export databases from/to SQL dump files
- Issue SQL queries and inspect the results
- Examine a log of all SQL commands issued by the application
This is a screenshot with this application: