This tutorial will show you how to add a command shell to your Windows 10 context menu.
The custom menu shows up when you use right-click on the explorer tool.
I will show you how can I add the command.com shell to Windows 10 context menu.
Open the Regedit tool and navigate to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\, and use these steps:
- use right-click on shell item and with right-click create New – Key;
- give it the name of the program you’re going to be launching, I named shell_command;
- use again the right-click that new entry and make another new key named command;
- right-click the default value named (Default) and select Modify… and add your executable, I used this string with quotes: “C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe”;
- open explorer and use right-click on any folder, you will see an item named shell_command;
- use this and your command.com shell will start into that folder;